Gameplay and development

Posted by DRAKE on Feb. 13, 2024

Thank you for your recent development of the game. I am blind and cannot use a screen so appreciate being able to play using Alexa.
I want to continue buying eggs and amber but is there much point because I have lots of chipped amber awakening and I need to level up my equipment. It doesn't seem worth buying at the moment.
I would like to see a way to build a city or castle using resources (eg wood, stone and iron) collected in the game by killing monsters.
The most upgraded could become a new leader board. I understand that it is not always easy or desirable to change the way a game progresses but just put it forward as a suggestion .

Replies

Reply by Absolute-Jalisco on Feb. 13, 2024

Can you play the game using voiceover I play on PC so it is much easier for me. Also, when is it estimated that we can set the new update?

Reply by Digital Hokum Staff Replymalero on Feb. 14, 2024

Hi Drake. A new set of pets and equipment will be released soon. I thought I was a lot closer to releasing them when I enabled to them to spawn than I actually was. Enabling all of the pets to spawn created a ton of problems and I’ve been scrambling to fix them. The current usage of the daycare is a good indicator that there’s still some major problems. Before the update, there were almost always more than 30 players running pets in the daycare. Right now it’s averaging about 5. Rather than roll back the change, I’ve been working on same ways for players to improve their pets where it’s needed to progress further. It basically allows you to allocate 26 additional attribute points per a pet level for a total of 6,500 points for a normal pet at level 250 and 13,000 for an evolved pet at level 250. There are also some defensive options as well.

I appreciate you wanting to support the game and I apologize for being slow with releasing updates.

I am planning on doing quite a bit of world building in the future. It’s going to be a while before I can release it, but adventure mode will have town ruins and guilds will be able to rebuild the town. I was initially planning on allowing players to own those towns, but I don’t think that will scale well with the amount of players the game could potentially have in the future. I still want players to be able to have their own place to build, so I will be adding player islands in a future update where players will be able to create a little place of their own. I think it will be really cool to be able to allow other players to visit your island and explore what you’ve created. As far as gathering resources goes, I was planning on making gathering them an idle activity that would happen while you’re offline. You will be able to go to a forest or a quarry and it will automatically collect that resource while you’re offline. I’m not 100% sure when I’ll work on it, but I’ve been asked a lot for stuff like that lately.

I was planning to revamp the arena for the next update, but no one asked for it, it’s just been something I wanted to work on. Maybe I should create a poll for what I should work on after the update I’m finishing up now.

Sorry for the long reply!

Reply by DRAKE on Feb. 15, 2024

Thank you, Malero, for your detailed response.
Your plans for the future sound interesting. I hope you continue to develop the game so that blind people like myself can continue to play There aren't many games that allow me to play without any sight.
One question: I was wondering if you were planning to have levelling up equipment in day care? Levelling up is such a slow process. I have thousands of levels to level up on equipment.
Thank you again Drake

Reply by Vincent25o7 on Feb. 15, 2024

What changes did you make to the daycare? Why do stalls four and five cost so much more than the first three?

Reply by Digital Hokum Staff Replymalero on Feb. 16, 2024

Yes, I will be adding the Mines of Descent as an option for the daycare at some point. I think that it will only select the Refine option, at least to start with. Adding the ability to toggle the different forge options on and off for each piece of equipment you have would take a lot of work.

The reason the daycare isn't being used as much right now is the difficulty of the Dungeon and Mines drastically increased when I made all of the pets spawn in them rather than just Mumzie, Batula and Zombeye. The old pets had basic skills that didn't have any mechanics and were easily beaten. The reason why they're so expensive is that you start to get a lot of Gacha Coin from the daycare above level 1,000. I started a new account and played a few hours a night and was able to get to a point where the daycare was generating more than 5 million a day. That was playing on the browser, though. Playing on Alexa is quite a bit slower and I plan to add a bonus to experience and gacha coins to the manual activities.

Please sign in to post a reply.