Egg drop rate and waking pets

Posted by dkile on Aug. 6, 2022

According to a post from Dec. 2020, endless dungeon bosses drop eggs at a rate of 25%. After two weeks of grinding and defeating 10 bosses I managed to obtain one egg. I have since defeated 5 more bosses, with no more eggs in sight. That's a less than 7% drop rate. It's gotten to the point that it will take 145 hours of training time to get my first pet strong enough to face the next boss and 30 hours for my second pet. Realistically I can only have them in training for 3 or 4 hours a day at most. If something isn't tweaked, either making it easier to get eggs or easier to level pets past level 10, I can't see this being worth playing much longer.

Replies

Reply by Digital Hokum Staff Replymalero on Aug. 7, 2022

I just checked the boss egg drop chance and it is indeed 25%. Sometimes we get unlucky, unfortunately. All pets have their own endless dungeon progression. If you haven't yet, try to progress with multiple pets to maximize your egg drops.

I'll see if I can implement a bad luck streak breaker that kicks in after the 4th or 5th boss defeat without an egg drop.

Reply by Digital Hokum Staff Replymalero on Aug. 7, 2022

Okay, I've implemented a few changes to Endless Dungeon boss drops. If you defeat 4 bosses without an egg drop, your 5th defeat is "lucky!" Everyone is starting out in the lucky state after I push this change. Also, there's now a 4% chance for the boss to drop 5 eggs.

If anyone reading this is a beta tester, the above is only true for Endless Dungeon boss drops. Adventure mode cave bosses and other bosses will remain at 25% for now.

Reply by CommanderTheBarbarian on Aug. 7, 2022

I have some questions. First, how many pets are there? Second, how many pets of all dammage types are there? Finally, why is it that when I go to the arena with my pets, it gives me anonimous with a male or female trash panda? It gives me other pets sometimes, but most of the time it's with a trash panda.

Reply by Digital Hokum Staff Replymalero on Aug. 8, 2022

There are currently 18 pets that you can obtain. Fire, Ice, Wind, Earth, Lightning, Water, and Chaos are the current element types for those pets.

The Trash Pandas have taken over. It does appear to be a problem... The game tries to find pets that are similar in power to the pet you've entered the arena with. You may be stuck in a bracket with a lot of Trash Pandas.

Reply by CommanderTheBarbarian on Aug. 8, 2022

is chaos shadow?

Oops. Yes, I meant shadow. I'm working on factions and Chaos Bringers is one of them. I must have been thinking of that.

Reply by dkile on Aug. 8, 2022

I appreciate the change. Thank you.
Is there a command to check the progress on incubating eggs?

Incubating eggs happens instantly. You say "incubate egg" and it hatches and gives you the result.

Reply by Haven. on Aug. 9, 2022

Thank you for the hard work, I am really enjoying the game

Reply by CommanderTheBarbarian on Aug. 11, 2022

There are going to be factions? I'm really looking forward to the update.

Reply by ayumi on Aug. 14, 2022

Yeah everyone is looking forward to it, however developer take your time, No rush, lest anything scary happens and we will be considered criminals, I don’t want to go to jail, JKJK sorry but you get the point

Reply by CommanderTheBarbarian on Aug. 14, 2022

Hahahahaha!!! [q~@]

Please sign in to post a reply.