New web browser version

Posted by Jennifer on Jan. 15, 2024

First let me say that I am blind and I thought I'd share my thoughts about this new web browser version.
I've been looking around and playing on the new web browser version that just got put up. My first thought is that it will take some getting use to. I noticed some changes that make it a little more difficult to navigate around some parts of the game.
I'm glad we can now see if we have any quests that need to be done.
I love how you categorized the items which will make it easier and quicker to find what we want. I also like the way you have the categories for the auction house and consignment shop.
One thing that makes this version hard to navigate around pages is the leaderboards information and information for places like the endless dungeon drops being right on the page for those activities. I'll have to get use to it. I do like being able to see where I am on the leaderboard without having to go to the leaderboard page of the website.
I use a laptop to play on the browser and because I don't use a touch screen when I was playing I was able to use different shortcut keys to move around on the page when I did things like fight in the arena, dungeon, be at places like the farm and kitchen, etc. I am still able to jump by headings in parts of the game. I can also use the shortcut key to jump by lists which helps. One example I'd like to share is when I would be in the endless dungeon I could jump by headings to quickly get to the pet's skills, items, and stats and then again to get to where it said continue. I now go to the bottom of the page and use the up arrow key to get to continue or to the skills. I can do this pretty quickly. I start at the bottom of the page because otherwise I'd have to get past all the leaderboard and the dungeon/mines drop information and it would take longer. It might take some time but I can get use to doing it this way.
I noticed that when we are fighting in the arena, dungeon, and other places the pet's stats or I guess effects are not listed anymore. It used to tell us things like how many turns a pet had on the food or turns on other effects. On the Alexa app version we can get this information when we are in a fight and say pet stats.
I still wish we were told if a pet had a food buff when we looked at their information when we go to pets under your stuff. Also how much stamina a pet has. This would help to know what we need to do if a pet isn't very happy.
I like having the sound effects but I think they are a little too loud. This is probably just me. I usually don't listen to anything like music on my computer when I'm trying to listen to my screen reader because it can get a little distracting. It's just something else for me to get use to.
I know it seems like I said a lot of negative things about this web version but I really do like it. Most of the things I've mentioned I think are things I'll have to get use to. I just have to get use to navigating through the game in a different way and it probably won't take long to get good at it.

Replies

Reply by Digital Hokum Staff Replymalero on Jan. 15, 2024

I'm working on making it more accessible. Hopefully today I will have most of the navigation issues fixed. I have a to-do for changing the background music volume and sound effect volume as well as disabling them. I have a bunch of stuff I need to work on first, though. Sorry about the big change and the problems.

Please sign in to post a reply.